Dr. Ksenija Komljenović (Belgrade, Serbia) is an award-winning percussionist, composer, and cofounder of the Balkan Percussion Duo. Throughout her versatile career, she has studied, performed, and taught across Europe, the United States, and Asia. Ksenija is the first woman from Serbia with a Doctor of Musical Arts in Percussion Degree. She holds the Assistant Professor of Percussion position at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
(2019) Round Table Discussion - @Percussion Podcast
(2019) Interview - Cameron Leach Podcast
(2019) Intervju - Novi magazin
(2019) Intervju - Danas
(2018) Interview - @Percussion Podcast
(2018) Intervju - Via Academica
(2017) Intervju - Kaleidoskop
(2017) Intervju - VICE
(2017) Intervju - Susretanja (RTS)
• Stuart Saunders Smith - Songs I-IX for Actor-Percussionist
• J. S. Bach - Chaconne from Violin Partita No.2 in D minor, BWV 1004
• J.S. Bach - Adagio from Violin Sonata No.1 in G minor, BWV 1001
BALKAN PERCUSSION DUO
4 SALE for marimba duet with bongos is finally published, and can be purchased on Bachovich Music Publications website! Check out the video here.
My transcription for Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565 for marimba duet has been published! You can check it out on Bachovich Music Publications website.
• 2019 - I will be joining the distinguished faculty at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi as Assistant Professor of Percussion!
• 2019 - I won the co-principal position for the World Percussion Group and will be joining them for a tour around England, Spain, and Portugal in the spring!
• 2018 - Balkan Percussion Duo won Second Prize at the International Percussion Competition Luxembourg!
September 26 & 27, 2019 - Sound Waves Festival at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
October 22, 2019 - Texas A&M University-Kingsville
November 8, 2019 - Western Colorado Percussion Festival (Colorado Mesa University)
November 9, 2019 - Western Colorado Percussion Festival - masterclass and concert featuring CMU Percussion Ensemble and high-school Honor Percussion Ensembles
November 15, 2019 - Adjudicator at PASIC Percussion Ensemble Competition (Indianapolis, IN)
December 23, 2019 - Solo recital at Faculty of Music in Belgrade, Serbia
January 30, 2020 - PNEUMA launch! - Performing Arts Center at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
March 5, 6, 2020 - Radford University, Virginia
March 8, 2020 - Solo recital at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi